The only exception is bananas; they are not advised. As long as it is a fruit or veggie of a reasonable portion size, then substituting flex foods should be a fairly simple process. Too many people try to use flex foods as an excuse to vary from the core purpose of the diet, which is to re-train our cravings toward healthy options – this is not advised. As closely as you can follow this plan, the better! Additional low-calorie Purium products are allowed (such as a tablespoon of Organic Tropic Oil to satisfy a fat craving, a serving of Aloe Vera added to the Apothe-Cherry, extra greens added to the Power Shake, etc). Remember that you can have as much celery or cucumbers as you want. (Cucumbers are great with cayenne pepper and sea salt.) When having a flex food, we suggest that you chew it very, very thoroughly. The idea is to give your digestive system a break so that your body can focus the energy it usually expends digesting on eliminating toxins from the body.
You can have as much celery & cucumbers as one wants as they do not really have many calories. You may also add cayenne pepper and/or sea salt to the cucumbers, if you desire.
Alcohol and Caffeine: The Transformation is designed to help you break harmful addictions to substances such as these. Do not use them while on the 10 Day Transformation. *With the exception of Purium’s Can’t Beet This, it is allowed during the 10-Day Transformation.
Gum: Not advised, actually stimulates digestive tract and might make you hungrier. You would be basically making it harder on yourself!
Approved Flex Foods (short list, see your Lifestyle Guide for full list)
- 1 organic apple
- 1 small avocado (or 1⁄2 a large avocado)
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 cup organic berries
- Organic celery (unlimited)
- Organic cucumber slices (unlimited) with fresh squeezed lemon juice, cayenne pepper & Himalayan sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup organic summer squash, spinach, broccoli or kale sautéed in Purium’s Organic Tropic oil (coconut oil), fresh garlic and sea salt
- 1 cup of high quality fermented vegan foods like sauerkraut or kimchi
Approved Flex Beverages
- Any Purium“green drink” (More Greens, Green Spectrum, etc.)
- 8 oz unsweetened almond, hemp, coconut or oat milk
- 8 oz unsweetened, decaffeinated herbal tea
- Organic vegetable broth
- Hot water with fresh lemon, raw honey and organic cinnamon